Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Skip Navigation LinksBoys Town Pediatrics > Knowledge Center > Health Articles > Transitioning to Adult Health Care

Transitioning to Adult Health Care

​​​​Your child is growing up. Pediatrics specializes in the unique health and medical needs of young, growing children – but soon your child will need an adult internal medicine doctor​.

Transitioning from pediatric to adult care typically happens around 18 years of age or after children complete high school. Many young adults continue to see their pediatrician through the college years.

Boys Town Internal Medicine helps to make the transition seamless. Internists specialize in adult preventive health care. When your child chooses a Boys Town Internal Medicine physician, his or her medical records stay within the Boys Town Health Care system.

Internal Medicine Locations

Boys Town Clinic at 72nd and Center
7205 W Center Rd, Ste 103
Omaha, Nebraska 68124
(531) 355-7172

Boys Town Medical Campus - Pacific Street Clinic
14080 Hospital Road
Omaha, Nebraska 68010
(531) 355-7172