Brookhouser Memorial Lecture
Current Aspects of Pediatric Neuroscience
The number of neurologic and neurosurgical disorders that contribute to disorders of development, cognition and communication can be overwhelming, which can contribute to delays in proper identification and treatment of initial symptoms. This lecture provides an overview of common conditions associated with developmental delay or interruption, and discusses modern treatment strategies for them. Overall, a better understanding of the symptoms and conditions associated with these conditions will lead to more prompt identification and diagnoses, which will lead to expedited treatment for them.
- Identify patients that may benefit from epilepsy surgery and how this impacts communication.
- Recognize that brain networks underlie communication and that abnormal networks cause epilepsy.
- Detect the common neurological conditions associated with communication disorders.
- Explain early intervention of Craniosynostosis and the benefit it has on it has on developmental outcomes.
- Describe neurological development conditions that contribute to communication challenges.
- Identify the signs and symptoms associated with autism.
- Discuss what neurodevelopmental disorders are related to Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Identify the Neuro-Cognitive Supportings of Neuro-Developmental Disorders.
- Distinguish when seizures are more urgent and less urgent in terms of referral and wait time
- Discuss the difference between provoked and unprovoked seizures
This virtual conference is designed for Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Residents, Behavioral Health Providers. More information about CEUs, conference schedule and attendance can be found