Craniofacial Referral Guide
Complex Craniofacial Care for Kids
Since 1978, infants and children with oral-facial clefts and other diseases, disorders or injuries affecting the face, jaw, skull and ears have received life-changing care from the craniofacial team at Boys Town National Research Hospital.
Many craniofacial conditions can require multiple surgeries or long-term follow-up treatment as children grow and develop. In addition, there can be emotional and psychological issues for children because of differences in appearance and speech. That’s why so many families turn to the Boys Town Craniofacial Clinic… so their children can heal, thrive and reach their full potential.
Procedures and Treatments
Our experienced surgeons and medical staff perform appropriately timed surgical interventions to maximize results and reduce the number of potential surgeries needed. From the minimally-invasive to complex, our specialists perform a wide range of procedures and treatments that include:
- Cleft Lip and Palate Repairs
- Cleft Alveolar Bone Graft (repairing holes in the gum ridge)
- Cleft Septorhinoplasty (reshaping the nose)
- Cranial Vault Reconstruction (reshaping the bones of the skull)
- Craniosynostosis Surgery
- Ear Reconstruction
- Encephalocele Repairs (removing or repairing protrusions of brain tissue)
- Jaw Surgery
- Lip and Nose Revision
- Smile Surgery (treatment for facial paralysis)
- Pharyngeal Flap/Sphincter Pharyngoplasty (reducing air flow through the nose to improve speech)
- Vascular Malformation Surgery (treating or removing birthmarks and blood vessel abnormalities)
Request a Referral Guide
When your patient has a craniofacial concern, you need a comprehensive team you can trust.
Boys Town National Research Hospital in Omaha is right here, with
less time from call to care - giving you and your patients the care and answers you need. When you partner with us, you can expect:
- Prompt appointments
- Timely follow-up reports
- Physician consultations
- On-call care
Fill out the form below to request a digital or mailed copy of our referral guide.