Dr. Robert Cusick has spent the last 20 years practicing pediatric surgery in Omaha, Nebraska and has performed over 10,000 procedures. “My goal is to provide the best advanced surgical care to children throughout the Midwest,” he said. As a leader in his field, he lends his expertise through various appointments with the American Pediatric Surgical Association, American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Pediatric Surgery.
Dr. Cusick is also active in Global Health. “My mission is to provide surgical care and mentor young pediatric surgeons, and this has taken me to countries in need, including Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Mexico and Vietnam,” he said. To ensure this important work continues, he created the Travel Fellowship, which brings pediatric surgeons to the United States for additional training.
Recently, his humanitarian work was recognized by the University of Nebraska Medical Center when he received the Leonard Tow Humanism Award, bestowed upon a faculty member demonstrating clinical excellence and compassion in the delivery of care.
- Medical Degree, University of Nebraska College of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- Residency, General Surgery, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- Fellowship, Pediatric, General and Thoracic Surgery, University of Washington, Children’s Hospital Regional Medical Center, Seattle, Washington
- Research Fellowship, Tissue Engineering and Transplantation Laboratory, Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons