Sleep Disorders Center
When children experience sleep problems, it can be disrupting and upsetting for the entire family. Lack of an adequate amount of sleep can lead to problems in school, irritability and behavioral problems.
The Boys Town Sleep Disorders Center conducts overnight sleep studies for children and adults. Our team of highly trained technicians and specialists examines the following sleep-related concerns:
- Tonsillar Hypertrophy
- Respiratory Problems
- Parasomnias (Sleep Walking or Sleep Talking)
- Sleep Behavior Issues
- Narcolepsy and Daytime Sleepiness
Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Head Banging or Body Rocking
- Night Terrors
For children's sleep studies at the hospital, a parent must stay the night. A separate room is offered for the parent. Alternatively, if the parent wishes to stay in the same room as the child, comfortable sleeping arrangements are available.
Adult sleep studies may be conducted in your own home with our home sleep tests or in a comfortable setting at the hospital. Your doctor or provider will determine the best test for you based on the assessments needed.
Home Sleep Tests
The home sleep test is a reliable and cost-effective way to test your breathing patterns while you sleep in the comfort of your own bed. A doctor or provider must order the test. Patients wear a portable monitor that records their breathing overnight. The monitor is then returned to the hospital to be analyzed by a sleep specialist.
Services within the Sleep Medicine Program
The sleep specialists at Boys Town Sleep Disorders Center evaluate children ages 3 to 18 and adults, using an overnight polysomnography to determine the course of treatment for sleep-related problems. Available services include:
- Pediatric Polysomnography
- Extended Montage EEG
- Multiple Sleep Latency Testing (MSLT)
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Testing (MWT)
- Enuresis Monitoring
- CPAP/BiPAP Therapy
- Outpatient Evaluation and Treatment
- Neurological Consultations
- Sleep-Related Behavioral Consultation and Treatment
- Home Sleep Tests
To arrange a sleep study for your patient, please contact Boys Town Outpatient Diagnostic Services at
(531) 355-6737, Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. For more information, contact the Boys Town Sleep Disorders Center at
(531) 355-6895. Sleep studies are performed Sunday – Friday.
Sleep Study Checklist for Children
Sleep Study Checklist for Adults