Residential Treatment Center
The Boys Town Residential Treatment Center provides medically directed care for children ages 5 to 11 at its Children’s Center and pre-teens and teens ages 12 and up to age 17 at its Adolescent Center who have severe behavioral health problems or mental illness. The Center is licensed as a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF) by the state of Nebraska and is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Our Program Offers:
- A secure, therapeutic environment
- Separate environments and programs for children ages 5 to 11 and adolescents ages 12 and up to 17.
- 24-hour trained professional supervision and consultation
- Medication evaluation and reduction program
- Integrated mental and physical health care
- Licensed school with credit recovery program
- Family centered parent training
- Aftercare program
Who We Serve
The troubled children and pre-teens and teens we serve need systematic and professional treatment for their behavioral, emotional and academic problems. The problems of these children and adolescents include:
- Past hospitalizations or unsuccessful outpatient treatment
- Multiple medications without improvement
- Combined physical and mental health problems
- Suicidal thoughts or self-harm
- Emotional or aggressive outbursts
- Unresolved trauma, difficulty in school, both with academics and behavior
- Trouble with the law
- Inability to remain safe in an unsupervised environment
Because our programs are highly verbal, focusing on awareness and safety, it is not designed for youth who have a full IQ below 80, are currently dependent on drugs or alcohol and needing detoxification, or have a history of sexual perpetration.