Hearing Self-Test Questionnaire
Self-Check: Questions to Ask Yourself If You Suspect Hearing Loss…
- Do you have to strain to listen?
- Do you feel frustration when you are conversing?
- Do you have to ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do you have difficulty when someone speaks in a whisper?
- Do you misunderstand people and respond inappropriately?
- Do you find yourself withdrawing from social activities because it is difficult to hear?
- Do you have arguments with your family members because of your hearing?
- Do you have difficulty talking on the telephone or hearing the TV or radio?
- Do you have trouble hearing in a restaurant?
- Do you have dizziness, pain or ringing in your ears?
— Modified from the Hearing Handicap Inventory for the Elderly Screening Version (HHIE-S), Ventry & Weinstein, 1983, and the ASHA Self-Test Questionnaire
Request a Visit with an Audiologist
Boys Town Ear, Nose and Throat of Omaha, NE is a center of excellence for diagnosis and treatment for hearing, balance and speech disorders. The Board Certified ENT doctors at our
Hearing and Balance Center specialize in the identification and management of hearing loss. Call
(531) 355-6520 or fill out the form below to schedule a meeting with an audiologist.
Why seek treatment for hearing loss?
Benefits people report after seeking treatment for hearing loss…
- Better relationships with their families
- Better feelings about themselves
- Improved mental health
- Greater independence and security
Boys Town Hearing and Balance can help you with: